Lawyers are nouns, subjects. In practice it is also known as the Legal Consultant which can mean someone who does or gives advice and a defense “representing” others who are related (clients) with the completion of a legal case.
The Role of Advocates in Law
Advocates also called legal counsel are those who are authorized to provide assistance in the field of law either civil or criminal to those who need it, both in the form of advice (consultation) and active legal assistance both inside and outside the court by representing, assisting, defending and carrying out other legal actions for the legal interests of users of their services.As mentioned before, we can find many kinds of attorney service, other than those mentioned, one of the kind is Miami personal injury attorney that can give you better services.
The task of the advocate in particular is to make and file a claim, answer, deterrence, denial, provide evidence, urgently hear the case or decide on the case and so on. In addition, lawyers are tasked with assisting judges in finding the truth and may not reverse events for the benefit of their clients so that their clients win and are free.
Advocate’s rights are:
- Advocates are free to issue opinions or statements in defense of cases that are their responsibility in the court proceedings while still adhering to the code of ethics of the profession and the laws and regulations.
- Advocates are free in carrying out their professional duties to defend cases that are their responsibility while still adhering to the professional code of ethics and the laws and regulations.
- Advocates cannot be prosecuted either civil or criminal in carrying out their professional duties in good faith for the benefit of the defense of the client in a court hearing.
- Advocates have the right to obtain information, data and other documents, both from Government agencies and other parties related to those interests which are needed to defend the interests of their clients in accordance with the laws and regulations.
- Advocates are entitled to the confidentiality of their relationship with clients, including the protection of their files and documents against confiscation or inspection and protection of wiretapping of advocates’ electronic communications.
- Advocates cannot be identified with their clients in defense of client cases by the authorities and / or the community.
Advocate’s obligations are:
- Advocates in carrying out their professional duties are prohibited from distinguishing treatment from clients based on gender, religion, politics, descent, race, or social and cultural background.
- Advocates are obliged to keep everything known or obtained from their clients confidential because of their professional relationship, unless otherwise stipulated by law.
- Advocates are prohibited from holding other positions that are contrary to the interests of the duties and dignity of the profession.
- Advocates are prohibited from holding other positions that request service in such a way that it is detrimental to the advocate profession or reduces freedom and independence in carrying out their professional duties.
- Advocates who become state officials do not carry out the duties of an advocate profession while holding office